Friday, July 23, 2010

This Month In Style Magazine...

Yeah, July is winding down, but if you know where to look, you can still find the current issue of Lake & Sumter Style Magazine with my fun cover story on the new Tavares (Florida) Seaplane Base and Marina.

Written by staffer Karin Fabry-Cushenbury, the feature showcases a bevy of my photos, including a handful of aerial shots taken while crusing high above Lake Dora hanging out of the open cockpit of a mighty SeaRey seaplane.

My special thanks to the long cast of characters that helped make my job shooting this story both easy and enjoyable: the City of Tavares' Joyce Ross, John Drury, Bill Neron, and John Ruggeri; Roger Kooser and Sherwood Heinman of AL's Landing restaurant (especially for roof access!); Frank Beek for letting me shoot his beautiful 1981 Piper SuperCub featured on the cover, Kerry Richer of Progressive Aerodyne, Inc. for flying me around with my head out the window like a dog on a Sunday drive in the country; Greg Burtner for being my seaplane "model" and patiently following my directions in the sky so I could get some nice shots; and finally seaplane pilot and enthusiast-extraordinare Dan Nickens for helping me coordinate the enitre event and enticing a myriad of seaplane owners to fly in to the base en mass so I could photograph them.

You can read the story and see the shots online: here...

The magazine is free at locations throughout Lake and Sumter County...

No comments:

Post a Comment