Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy New Half Year! And So, I Begin Anew...

Ok, I'm not the kind of guy to make a lot of resolutions on New Year's Eve.  Yeah, I try to clean up my act, good intentions and all that, but I purposely keep those kinds of promises to myself fairly vague, so I don't feel so bad when I blow them off.

I do however, believe in the power of the calendar when it comes to planning the goals in my life.  I'm not really astrological in the spiritual sense, you know - the whole fate and destiny kind of thing based on the alignment of various heavenly bodies and all that, but I do (like a lot of people) think that the beginning of a day, or a week, or a month, or a year makes a logical starting point for my various life activities, especially if I plan on making changes to them.

In this case we are talking about the start of July: the beginning of the second half of the year 2013, and I know and feel this moment has a great significance.  It will mark the first time in over a decade that I can devote my time and energy and resources full-time to my career as a photographic artist.

And so, without giving a boring history lesson on hopes and dreams in the past that I was unable to accomplish for a multitude of reasons, let me just say most all of my shackles have been removed, my career and business begins anew, and we are all finally going to find out what I am capable of.

By the way, not to brag, but working only part-time with a great many constrictions placed on me by my family responsibilities and inability to travel, I was still able to snag a handful of photo award hardware in the time I've been up here in Central Florida, including one Editorial Magazine Cover of the Year in 2006 in a national competition.

I also managed to keep my gallery resume going with an assortment of group and one-person exhibitions at various venues and times throughout the area since I've lived up here.

Not bad for a guy with one hand tied behind his back...

Now, I don't know about you, but personally, I cannot wait for all the good things that lie ahead! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. I'd wish you luck, Steve, but you won't need it! Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Bruce said. I wish nothing but the best for you Steve!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have you know, I'm not completely unknown. lol

    ReplyDelete