Saturday, June 2, 2012

Back to The Blog!

Oh my. Has it really been that long?!? It's hard to believe. Impossible to believe. And yet, in the back of my mind, I know I've been putting off, and putting off, and putting off posting here, and the excuse...er, I mean the reason is pretty simple...

It's not that I have nothing to talk or write about. Heaven's no! I could talk all day. It's just that I post so many updates on my Facebook Page (link to the right, if you wanna join) on my shoots, my published work, my artwork, and just about everything else photographic, that I guess I've been rationalizing that that pretty much covers things.

But it doesn't. Yeah, I'm well aware that blogs in general are losing viewership, mostly because the majority of them weren't that interesting to begin with, and (as I can attest to) it takes a certain amount of consistent effort to post to them regularly.

But I think in the end they serve different audiences. At least a traditional blog like mine. It's a venue where I can address projects and issues and go into a lot more detail. Not just the "quick fix" that Facebook provides...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd like to think the viewer that makes the effort to come here and see what I have to say has a slightly longer attention span, and doesn't freak out at the likelihood of multiple paragraphs strung together to flesh out a theme or make a point.

And so, let me use this post to recommit to getting back to blogging and keeping things timely. And frequent!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment